Ill Will Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Tool Tips & Tricks

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Minecraft Cracked 1.5.1
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:30 pm by ninetsant

» Minecraft Cracked 1.5.1
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:26 pm by ninetsant

» Albert Nobbs (2011) LIMITED BRRip XviD AC3-playXD
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 am by 

» http://www.phatassmixes.com/forum/
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm by redmase

» Free plugins...
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:37 pm by tommyboi

» Vocal Tip 1
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 pm by jaynm26

» What's on your mind?
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:41 pm by Latino

» Just really love you guys?- what fantastic and well researched information.
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:53 pm by Guest

» vista computer shuts down and restarts in low resolution?
recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:31 am by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

recording with the m - box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikepriceakasmalls

recording with the m - box   Empty
PostSubject: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:34 pm

i was wondering how to properly record vocals from the m - box into pro tools , kinda confused on how high to run the input on the m - box , ive been recording our vox keeping it in the green never going over - 10 db , just something some one told me to do , which was to always stay in the green , now i dont know if this is true because some one else told me to record as hot as possibe as long as you never clip ????? so my question is what a good db to record at going in ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mikepriceakasmalls
Ill Will Studios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:48 pm

mikepriceakasmalls wrote:
i was wondering how to properly record vocals from the m - box into pro tools , kinda confused on how high to run the input on the m - box , ive been recording our vox keeping it in the green never going over - 10 db , just something some one told me to do , which was to always stay in the green , now i dont know if this is true because some one else told me to record as hot as possibe as long as you never clip ????? so my question is what a good db to record at going in ?

Mike they are both right in different ways. you want to record as hot as you can but not so hot you clip. This is how i have don it for years, I keep it between -6db and -3db. Now you will have to adjust the input level with each artist you record. You do this by adjusting the M-box input to get this level and leaving the pro tools mixer fader at 0db.. I hope this helps you fam.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.therealsse.tk
mike

PostSubject: Re: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 am

that helps out alot brahhh thanks , lets say the vocalist wants to hear him self while he lays down his vox , is it then ok to adjust the fader above 0 db until he can hear himself or is their another way of doing it so you don't have to adjust the fader above 0 db ?
Back to top Go down
Ill Will Studios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:44 pm

mike wrote:
that helps out alot brahhh thanks , lets say the vocalist wants to hear him self while he lays down his vox , is it then ok to adjust the fader above 0 db until he can hear himself or is their another way of doing it so you don't have to adjust the fader above 0 db ?

Setting up a headphone mix bus is a good way of doing this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.therealsse.tk
mikepriceakasmalls

PostSubject: Re: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 pm

when Setting up a headphone mix bus should aux be mono
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mikepriceakasmalls
BRICK

PostSubject: Re: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:14 am

Yes, you can adjust the fader to allow your artist to listen to his vocals louder or lower... HOWEVER.. you must set your session up for AUTO INPUT ONLY and PRE FADER METERING... Recording to listen = PRE FADER ... EDITING MIXING AND MASTERING = POST FADER ! Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recording with the m - box    recording with the m - box   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recording with the m - box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ill Will Studios  :: Vocal mixing-
Jump to: